Christmas is such a wonderful time of year, delicious food and special times spent with family and loved ones. One thing I especially love is all the fabulous Christmas themed items that people sew and create for gifts and for themselves.
If you are like me, you will have a good sized collection of Christmas fabrics that you have collected over many years. I have used them to make many things such as Christmas dresses for my girls, Santa sacks and mug rugs for Santa’s treats. I also dream of making an advent calendar one year, hopefully it will happen before my girls get too much older.😉
A Christmas item that I hadn’t made until recently was a Christmas pillow. I followed this tutorial from nanaCompany to make my first one.
Every year, I see lots share on social media wonderful Christmas themed pillow covers they just finished which makes me think of how fabulous it would be to receive one. So, this year I thought I would organise a Christmas Pillow Swap!
Here are the details. I hope you join in the fun!
Christmas Pillow Swap Details:
1. To try and ensure everyone receives their item by Christmas, the posting deadline is 1st December if shipping international and 9th December if domestic.
2. Please make the cushion cover is at least 14×12″ in size. It would be helpful if you could make it the size of a standard cushion insert. I know my local craft stores and homeware stores stock a variety of sizes of cushion inserts.
3. The pillow MUST have a Christmas theme.
4. It is not necessary for you to have an Instagram account to participate. But if you do, please post a mosaic on Instagram to assist your partner with colours and styles that you like. And also try and remember to post progress pics. Use the hashtag #christmaspillowswap2016.
5. This is secret swap.
6. Extra goodies are not required.
7. If you are unable to complete your swap item, please let me know as soon as possible so other arrangements can be made for your partner.
8. If you have any further questions, please contact me by email email@example.com or DM me on IG @monkeymai26.
If you would like to participate in the Christmas Pillow Swap please complete the form below. The sign up deadline is Monday 12th September.