I can’t believe that February is nearly here already!
For February, the ‘special’ fabric theme is LIBERTY FABRICS and the colour theme is RED.
Liberty Fabrics are one of my favourite fabrics and there are so many different prints available. I have a really good variety of Liberty after signing up to a monthly bundle with Westwood Acres but there are so many more that I know I don’t have. I plan on making a cushion cover with the Liberty Hexies from this month’s swap. What will you make with yours?
Here are some wonderful ideas:
A pouch or bag, this lovely one was created by Where the Orchids Grow.
A cushion cover, this one has been made by A Crafty Fox.
Or a quilt cover like this beautiful one from Tied With A Ribbon.
Here are the details of the hexie swap:
- There will be 2 Hexie Swaps per month, one ‘special’ fabric theme and one colour theme.
- You do not have to participate every month and you do not have to participate in both of the swaps in that particular month.
- You will be required to send 30 sewn or glue basted 1.5″ hexies per theme per month. 1.5″ is the length of one side of a hexie.
- It is very important that you post the hexies to me by the 15th of each month, to allow time for me to receive them and to post the hexies out to everyone by the end of the month.
- Please put the hexies in a ziplock bag along with your name, mailing address and email address.
- If you are in Australia, please include a pre-paid envelope or satchel. Bubble or plastic envelopes are great as there is no risk of tearing in the mail.
- If you are international you will be required to pay $7 AUD postage for me to send the swapped hexies back to you.
- All hexies should be made using quality 100% cotton or cotton/linen blend quilting fabrics.
- You can have duplicates. The idea of this swap is to use fabrics from your stash.
- Scale matters, please try and choose prints that will work for hexies, smaller prints work best.
- I will do my best to swap as fairly as possible, depending on how many people participate and how many different hexies are sent will determine how many there is to swap.
Please fill out this form to participate.
I will send a confirmation email once you have filled out the form.
Please feel free to spread the word about this swap, the more swappers, the larger the variety of hexies. And use the hashtag #hexiesamonthswap or #hexiesamonth on IG.
I look forward to hosting a fun swap with everyone!